Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chasing Tails

I just got home from a meeting and I am wide awake, despite the fact that I still have to get up early to go to work tomorrow. I will have to get up early enough to stop by my favorite bakery for a supercharged latte to get me through the day.

As I sit here surfing the Net and pondering my blog, my cat Rosie is chasing her tail. It's really strange--it's as if all of a sudden she discovers she has this thing at the back of her and doesn't know how to deal with it.

So the Eternal Question for my insomniac night: Why do animals chase their tails?

I thought maybe I should watch the news, and/or catch up on the latest political developments, but honestly, I think it's more interesting to watch my cat chase her tail.

One of my friends tonight said something like she would vote for "any Democrat with a pulse." My dilemma is that I think contenders in both parties are old enough to know better, and neither party is truly taking responsibility for really leading the country. It must be too much fun to point out the specks in the opponents' eyes.

Oh, heavens, I just climbed right up on that soapbox, didn't I? Insomnia and political discussion make for uncomfortable bedfellows (pun intended).

I think I want that drug for insomnia that has the advertisement with Abe Lincoln and a groundhog playing chess in some guy's kitchen.

Maybe I have just done the human equivalent of "chasing my tail."

Off to try to get some sleep....

2 comments:

Agatestone said...

if your favorite bakery is the same that is my favorite bakery, did I hear they were moving? did I dream this or is this fact?

agate

Willow said...

I heard the same thing. I keep forgetting to ask them about it when I'm in there.