Thursday, August 14, 2008

"I have nothing clever to say."

Okay, so I am borrowing a line from "Dexter" for my title. And speaking of borrowing, I will take a virtual page from my friend Agatestone's book and try to be a little more positive in my posting tonight:

1. There were absolutely no badgers infiltrating the office today.
2. Both patients we sent to the ER are doing reasonably well.
3. There is some possibility that I will be able to spend a few days in Florida in February, when it is typically cold and quite unappealing in this area of the Mitten.
4. Some of the wildflowers that I sowed earlier in the year, and the folks I hired to cut my lawn accidentally cut down early in their lives, survived and grew to be very beautiful.
5. I am seeing some friends this weekend that I haven't seen in rather a long time.
6. I have discovered, once again (okay maybe I am a slow learner), that sometimes it helps to vent my frustrations instead of pretending everything is okay, and finally
7. I may have a chance to work in a brand new hospital in my area.

That's about it...oh, and I had an exterminator come out and send the yellow jackets inhabiting one of my walls to "yellow jacket heaven," after being assured that no, I could not tame them and make my own honey.

For some reason, even though I am not a strict vegetarian, and I realize that there are some instances in which I have to play "karmamistress" and send invading insects to their just reward, I still feel guilty about it. I still try to catch bugs in a box and put them outside, for instance. But the yellowjackets were way too numerous to deal with myself.

That's about it for tonight. Since I fell asleep during two of my favorite television shows (The Closer and Saving Grace) this week, I'm off to see if I can find them on the 'net.

No comments: