Sunday, April 13, 2008

Guess Who Wins...

Let's see: Sunday night, what should I do: Financial Accounting homework or watch "Return of the Jedi" for about the thousandth time?

Yep, I'm sitting in front of the television, posting on my blog. I promised myself that I would only watch that scene on Tatooine where Luke and friends escape from Jabba the Hutt, but suddenly I find myself Applying Logic to Star Wars:

Why is it that the bad guys are always ugly/slimy/look like they haven't washed??

How does a disembodied mouth evolve in the desert?

Why do the ugly bad guys take Luke's handcuffs off just before pushing him into the giant mouth, thus making it so much easier for Luke to grab the lightsaber that R2 threw to him?

What, um, did Jabba the Hutt (who as far as I could see has an anatomy akin to a giant slug) have in mind to do with Leia?? (if anyone has specific ideas about this, please keep them to yourselves. Heh.)

Is it my imagination or does Yoda look a bit like Gollum?

That's about it. I'd better shut this off and get back to accounting homework.

May the Force be with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To foster revulsion. One finds it difficult to hate a clean-cut individual with impeccable manners...

Maybe it's not disembodied but stretches down for miles, its bloated being occupying perhaps 25 sq. miles? And as for the question of how, it probably started small, with ants then worked its way over the decades (centuries, millenia?)towards bigger things.

Because they're a thrifty lot: why waste a perfectly good handcuff, Jedi or not, down the maw of almost no escape?

I have specific ideas, and I'll go as far as to say 'the bigger the expense account, the smaller the penis.'

Don't you mean Gollum looks like Yoda?