Monday, January 8, 2007

A couple of years ago, I had this strange dream involving a piece of fruit that I had never seen or heard of before. I don’t remember eating the fruit, or anything else in the dream, but about a week ago, I found the fruit in the local grocery store. It was called a “pummelo” (I am not sure that is the correct spelling). It looked like a giant green grapefruit. So I bought one, seeing as how I had seen it in my dream. But I never got the nerve to try it, so I gave it to one of my friends who has more culinary imagination than I have.

So over the holidays, I was in the grocery store, and once again found this mystery fruit. So I bought one again, thinking that this time I would have the nerve to try it. Unfortunately I forgot about it, and it “retired” in the back of my refrigerator, so no more pummelo-eating experiment for me. But I still can’t imagine why I would be dreaming about this thing anyway, especially since I’d never heard of it before I went to the grocery store that day.

I have no idea why I am writing about a piece of fruit but it’s 4:30 am and these things tend to fall out of my head at this time of the morning.

1 comment:

Agatestone said...

I think you should try the Pummelo. There must be some sort of psychic term to describe one who dreams of fruit that one has never seen before. The Pummelo must mean something to you.