Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lockout and lookalikes

Okay, I am suddenly locked out of my favorite poetry site, "Poetry Free-For-All." I keep that site as my home page, and I brought it up yesterday, and suddenly, I wasn't signed in. Since I keep myself "signed in" all the time, I have long ago forgotten my password. I clicked on the link that sent a message to the site managers, and got a reply via email, with a link where I could reset my password. Every time I clicked on the link, my email program froze up and I had to do the whole "end program" thing. UGH!!!

Anyway, I worked overtime yesterday and have to go back to work today, so my brain is feeling a little foggy this morning. The other day, I had a patient who asked me whether anyone has looked at me and said "Helloooo, Clarisse," like Anthony Hopkins in "Silence of the Lambs." I thought a minute, and told him that no, I couldn't recall that ever happening to me. He said that I reminded him of Jodie Foster's character in that movie, because I had a "serious air" about me that reminded me of her.

Well, I thought, it has to be her mannerisms that remind him of Jodie Foster because I can't think that I actually have a resemblence to her, other than the fact that we're both female. I especially thought of her long, perfectly straight hair, and the fact that my hair is short and curly and sometimes, by the end of a long shift, it can begin to look as though it was attacked by a pack of wild dogs.

Which reminds me of the time that the Lord of the Rings movies came out and I had several people telling me that I looked like Frodo (dark curly hair and blue eyes). I kept thinking to myself, "Yep, hobbit, that's the look I was going for..." Maybe I should sign up for that show on one of the cable channels, "What not to Wear." I can see it now: "Hi, my name is Willow, and apparently I look like a cross between an FBI agent and a hobbit. Could you please help me?"

No comments: